1975 BS in Civil Engineering/Engineering and Public Affairs, Carnegie-Mellon University
1979 MS in Environmental and Water Resources Engineering, University of Michigan
1982 Ph.D. in Environmental and Water Resources Engineering, University of Michigan
Current and Previous Positions
Carnegie Mellon University
– Departments of Civil & Environmental Engineering and Engineering & Public Policy
- H. John Heinz III Professor of Environmental Engineering, 2001 – present
- Professor, 1991 – present
- Associate Professor, 1987-1991
- Assistant Professor, 1982-1987
– Associate Department Head for Graduate Education, Engineering & Public Policy, 1992 – present.
– Acting Department Head, Engineering & Public Policy, January 1997 – July 1997.
University of Pittsburgh
– Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Graduate School of Public Health
- Adjunct Professor, 1995 – present.
Teaching and Research Assistantships, University of Michigan, 1979-1982.
Engineer, Hydroscience, Inc., 1975-1978.
Research Intern, Allegheny County Health Department, Division of Water Quality, Summer 1974.
Professional and Honorary Society Memberships
American Geophysical Union
American Society of Civil Engineers
Association of Environmental Engineering & Science Professors
Chi Epsilon (Civil Engineering Honor Society)
International Society of Exposure Analysis
International Society for Industrial Ecology
Sigma Xi (Research Honorary Society)
Society for Risk Analysis